Straten Group understands that many people are concerned about how their personal information that companies may collect and retain may be used, and accordingly Straten Group is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of any information that the company holds about its customers. Straten Group is committed to the National Privacy Principles and to complying with the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
The sort of information that Straten Group collects
Straten Group collects information in a number of ways, including:
- when customers purchase online;
- when customers submit an enquiry;
- when consumers respond to promotional offers or competitions.
Why your information is collected and how it is used by Straten Group
Straten Group collects the Information to provide you with the specific services you require and to administer these services, such as those mentioned above, and we wish to ensure that our service levels are always of the highest standard. Straten Group also uses the Information:
- to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you explicitly request.
- to promote and market to you details of other products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, including information about special offers and competitions; and
- for our internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our customers, their needs and their views about our products and services.
Disclosure of personal information
Straten Group will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information to third parties outside our organization without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988;
- Straten Group is required or authorized by law to disclose information;
- Straten Group has outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you.
For purpose of research or analysis, Straten Group develops aggregate or summary (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some of the Information. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
Security of personal information
Straten Group takes all reasonable care to keep the Information secure and confidential, and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Straten Group has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under our control. These security measures include:
- restricting and securing access to Straten Group databases and to this end we shall implement appropriate safeguards;
- unauthorised use of or access to the Information by our employees, contractors or agents will be regarded as a serious breach of our policy and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary or other action.
Correcting and updating your profile
Straten Group wishes to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Should the personal particulars which you have lodged with us change or are incorrect, please advise us, especially if we are to provide requested services without disruption. If you wish to gain access to or correct the Information that Straten Group has collected about you, or you wish to be removed from any of Straten Group’s mailing lists or databases, or you wish to request that you no longer receive information from Straten Group, or you wish to cancel or amend services to which you subscribe, you may change this by contacting us directly by telephone. You may be required to submit your request in writing for security reasons.
- Please note that if at any time Straten Group is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, Straten Group must cooperate fully.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Straten Group and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Straten Group. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Straten Group takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Emails received from Straten Group may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received an email from Straten Group in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the document.